- 1 Facts of Willicia Gilmore
- 2 Where is Willicia Gilmore from?
- 3 Is Willicia Gilmore still Married?
- 4 Does Willicia Gilmore have a Child?
- 5 Is Willicia Gilmore’s Son Muslim?
- 6 How much is Willicia Gilmore’s Net Worth?
- 7 Where does Mahershala Ali live?
- 8 Is Mahershala Ali related to Muhammad Ali?
- 9 Professional Career of Willicia Gilmore
- 10 Awards and Nomination of Mahershaala Ali
Facts of Willicia Gilmore
|Full Name:||Willicia Gilmore|
Willicia Gilmore, an American hairstyler became popular as the mother of American actor and former rapper, Mahershala Ali.
Where is Willicia Gilmore from?
Willicia Gilmore opened her beautiful pair of eyes for the very first time in the United States of America. According to her pictures, she looks like she is in her 80s.
By nationality, Willicia holds American citizenship and she belongs to the Afro-American ethnicity. Also, Gilmore practices the Christianity religion.
She joined the Beauty College where she studied grooming. Then, after that, she started working as a hairstylist.
Is Willicia Gilmore still Married?
Willicia is a married woman. She got married in the 1980s to her present husband. Previously, she tied the wedding knot with her longtime boyfriend, Phillip Gilmore. By profession, Phillip is an actor. They met each other for the very first time in high school and started dating each other. But after living with each other for some years as a married couple, they got divorced.
They got divorced when their newborn was only three years old. Her husband started his career in acting after entering the Dance Theater of Harlem and Willicia married another man.
Does Willicia Gilmore have a Child?
Willicia is the mother of one son. She was only a teenager when she welcomed her son. Willicia is only 16 years old while her husband Phillip was 17 years old.
With her ex-husband, Phillip she welcomed a son named Mahershala Ali. Mahershala was born on February 16, 1974. Willicia didn’t allow Mahershala to date or to be in a relationship so, he didn’t speak with his mother for 15 years and used to live with his grandparents.
Is Willicia Gilmore’s Son Muslim?
Yes, Willicia’s son is Muslim. He and his wife are Muslim. Being born into a Christian family he changed his religion to Muslim. He also changed his surname from Gilmore to Ali.
How much is Willicia Gilmore’s Net Worth?
Willicia might have earned a hefty sum of money from her hair styling career. As a hairstyler, she is earning $27k which is the salary of a hair styler in the United States.
Her son, Mahershala has an estimated net worth of $12 million. This is the hefty sum of money he has earned through his acting career. He earns an annual salary of $2 million.
Where does Mahershala Ali live?
Mahershala is living in his house with his family which is located in Oakland California. For $1.2 million, Mahershala bought the house which covers an area of 2194 square feet. The house has 4 bedrooms and three bathrooms built in 1963.
No, Mahershala is not related to Muhammad Ali. Muhammad is a boxer by profession and Mahershaala is an actor and singer. They only have the same surname but aren’t related to each other.
Professional Career of Willicia Gilmore
- Willicia is a hair styler by profession.
- After graduating from college, she started working as a Baptist pastor.
- Her son, Mahershala is an actor by profession.
- He played the role of Remy Danton in the Netflix series name House of Cards.
- he also appeared in the role of Cornell Stokes in Marvel’s Luke Cage, Colonel Boggs in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2, and Tizzy in the 2008 film The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
- Predators, The Place Beyond the Pines, Free State of Jones, and Hidden Figures are some of his popular movies.
Awards and Nomination of Mahershaala Ali
- Ali won the title of Best Supporting Actor in the drama film Moonlight the Academy Award.
- He has two Academy Awards, three Screen Actors Guild Awards, a BAFTA Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Primetime Emmy Award.
- His name was enlisted in the list of the 25 Greatest Actors of the 21st Century by The New York Times in 2020.
- He has got the nomination for the Primetime Emmy Award for The Hunger Games film series, and for House of Cards.