Sammy Hagar Bio, Age, Net Worth, Salary, Divorce, Wife, Kids, Height

Samuel Roy Hagar is an American rock vocalist, guitarist, songwriter, musician, and entrepreneur. He is also known as The Red Rocker. Samuel came to prominence in the 1970s with the hard rock band Montrose.

Sammy Hagar was born on October 13, 1947, in Salinas, California. As of 2019, his age is 72 years old with his birth sign Libra. He was born to parents Gladys Hagar (mother) and Robert Hagar (father). He holds an American nationality and belongs to a weight ethnic background.

Hagar has two sisters named Velma HagarBobbi Hagar Harrell, and one brother named Robert Hagar. At the age of 14, he fronted his first band the Fabulous Castilles. Moving towards his educational background, he attended Fontana High School.

Career and Songs

In 1973, Sammy became a part of Montrose where he penned his first lyrics. With the group, he recorded two albums before he quit after falling out with Ronnie Montrose, the group’s founder. In the 1973 self-titled debut album Montrose was Sammy’s first RIAA certified effort, as it was given platinum status.

Later, in 1976 Sammy’s solo career started and has been on and off, existing between his time with various bands. In 2014, the hard rock musician has dropped 13 solo projects, with nine of them coming in the 70s and 80s. The two albums,  Standing Hampton (1981) and VOA (1984) have been certified platinum by the RIAA.

Sammy Hagar
Caption: Sammy Hagar

After he walked away from Capitol Records the 1981 album was his first release under Geffen Records. The project is the biggest-selling album to date thanks to tracks such as “There’s Only One Way to Rock”. In the 1980s, Hagar has been a part of many groups including Hagar Schon Aaronson Shrieve (1984), Van Halen (1986, 1988 – 1995), Sammy Hagar & The Waboritas (1999 – 2006), Chicken Foot (2009 – 2011), and The Circle (2014).

In 2015, Hagar’s solo and group musical efforts have seen the release of 26 albums going gold, platinum, 3X Platinum, 4X platinum, or 6X platinum. Sammy Hagar has been in the world of business since the 1990s.

What is Sammy Hagar Net Worth and Salary?

Sammy Hagar has collected a huge amount of sum through his career as a rock singer and entrepreneur. He has a net worth of $120 million. He has not disclosed his salary.

Hagar is famous for his association with the band Van Halen. His first big break within the world of music came in 1973 as a result of his association with the band Montrose.

In 2007, Hagar sold 80% of the Cabo Wabo tequila company he founded to Gruppo Campari for $80 million. In 2009 he sold the remaining 20% for $15 million more. The company was majority-owned by Hagar where he personally took home around $95 million from the deals.

Sammy Hagar Remarried Kari Karte after his divorce from Besty Berardi, Are they living happily?

Talking about his personal life, Hagar is a married man. He married Kari Karte in 1995. he has not disclosed his love affairs and relationship. Previously, He got married to Betsy Berardi in 1968 and divorce in 1994. The couple had two children, Aaron Hagar born in 1970, and Andrew Hagar born in 1984 from Betsy Berardi.

Sammy Hagar
Caption: Sammy Hagar with his wife Kari Karte

Sammy and Kari have two daughters named Kama Hagar born in 1996 and Samantha Hagar born in 2001. The Married couple are living happily with their children.

What is the Height of Sammy Hagar?

Sammy Hagar stands at a height of 5 feet 10 inches with a good weight. He has a pair of eyes with black color eyes and has dark brown color hair.